• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8313 Players Online
  • 5423 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Zombie deals 8 hearts in a single shot

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by AtLeastYouTried, May 24, 2020.

1. Well zombie has a bow so it should be expected that ARROWS come along with it. Also just learn to triple jump and youll be fine

Posted May 26, 2020
  2. What would zombie have left if not its high damage? If the kit required a lot less skill I would agree but you need lots of skill so

Posted May 26, 2020
  3. Check my other reply. I meant if the zombie is a third party then it would be a problem

Posted May 26, 2020
  4. just nerf vommit cuz it automatically rods the other player for you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2020
  5. If the zombie is sniping then they probably arent very experienced and dont know not to get involved in 1v1 until its over. I would just eliminate it first and then fight the other player

Posted May 26, 2020
  6. You cant melee while using vomit. The most amount of hits Ive gotten with that is 1 so

Posted May 26, 2020
  7. im confused I combo the heck out of ppl with vomit but I can't land bow shots

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2020
  8. There are plenty of other kits that need to be nerfed regardless

Posted May 27, 2020
  9. I played a lot of SSM during my time on the server, to the point where I amassed over four thousand wins in solo SSM. Most of my wins are from the zombie kit, I've played the zombie kit since its initial release. The ability death grasp is extremely powerful, and can devastate your opponent; however, it is difficult for zombies to hit their target. Deaths grasp does not launch the player high enough into the air for me to shoot an arrow. The only time that this ability is effective is when the other player does a double jump after being hit with the ability. Zombie is an OP kit; although, its main power comes from a bug within the ability death grasp. If I were to use the ability and miss, I can still do a double jump quick enough and still hit someone if I touch them before I land on the ground for a second time. It is also important to remember that a zombie has one of the highest skill caps compared to the other kits, a zombie that can hit 80% of their arrows will rarely ever lose. Zombie can be the worst kit or the best kit in the game, depending on who is behind the keyboard. The trick to fighting a zombie is to change your pattern of an attack each time you go in for the fight. Villager, Spider, and Enderman are decent at fighting zombies if used correctly. Lastly, it is essential to remember that Zombie does have the worst smash crystal compared to every other mob; if death grasp gets changed, it would be healthy for the kit to receive a smash crystal buff. Overall I think that the best way to nerf the kit would be to make a maximum damage cap on the death grasp passive. The damage cap would allow zombies to benefit from hitting the shot, and it would reduce the overall damage of the shot, making it a little fairer for other players. I also think that death grasp needs to expire the moment you touch the ground.

Posted May 27, 2020
  10. If zombies arrow regeneration rate was changed I think that alone would be fine. The fact that I can dodge 4 consecutive arrow shots in a row and still get point blank pinged for 1/3 of my health is kind of stupid.

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  11. I think the main problem with zombie isnt the arrows but the death grasp instant recharge and melee. A commonly used combo is death grasp + attack which does 8 damage and recharges in 2 seconds. Its similar to slime slam as it is near impossible to deflect with melee and the only way is to time a ranged ability at the exact time the zombie uses it. Kits like Wither and guardian are completely defenseless as they do not have ranged abilities which can deflect the grasp.

A solution could be to simply reduce the melee damage and change the damage of death grasp to 0. Or maybe make it so the grasp only recharges if the death grasp arrow is hit. And lower the cooldown to balance it.

While the arrows still do a bit too much damage, they would make more sense if they were zombie's only effective damage source. Maybe this is just me, but I dont think zombie should have melee rivaling that of most melee kits.

Posted May 30, 2020