• 360 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8798 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Zombie Smash Crystal Idea

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by blessfuls, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Do you agree with any of these ideas for the zombie smash crystal? (Not all) (Specify which)

This poll will close on Jun 24, 2020 at 1:54 PM.
  1. Yes! (Explanation)

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No (Explanation)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Kinda... (Explanation)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hey there! I'm Meggyy, and I had a suggestion for SSM as I've found it a little unfair that some smash crystals are much more better than others. For example, the spider's nest, the ender dragon, wolf frenzy, etc. are all good smash crystals. Almost all of the kits have an ideal smash that does a lot of damage to other players. However, zombie's smash crystal does not fit this quality.
    Zombies smash crystal, also know as Night of the Living Dead, spawns in zombies and turns it to night time. There is nothing else special. It spawns in a decent amount of zombies, but I hardly see people take damage from them. I've never seen someone actually die to them unless they were AFK. To me, I think this crystal is not as good as it could be. Therefore, I have proposed a couple of ideas to make it more balanced to other crystals. Zombie alone is a good kit, as it is S tier in the SSM tier list. That doesn't mean it should have a worse crystal than most. Plenty of kits have great crystals and are great kits like spider. I think there could be more added to the smash crystal.
    Ideas
    1.One of the things that could be added is more zombies or faster zombies. This way people will take damage from them more likely.
    2.The zombies could give a potion effect when they touch an opponent. For example, it could be blindness for a couple of seconds, strong slowness, instant damage, or strong hunger.
    3.The player who used this crystal, the zombie, should receive night vision because it is dark and they will be able to see better.
    4.The arrows from the zombie's bow could do the potion effects instead of the zombies.
    5.The zombie's bow could do double damage permanently during the smash crystal. It seems a little overpowered, but you would have to land shots which takes skill so I think that balances it out.
    These are some ideas I have to make the crystal a better for zombie. If you have an opinion about these ideas, write so below. I also have a poll below if you'd like to vote.
    NOTE:Not all of these ideas have to be added in. Some ideas can connect while other's do not.
    Thank you!

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  2. I would definitely like night vision added.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  3. Hello!

It's certainly true that compared to other crystals, the zombie's crystal is one of the worst. The difference in the potential of different crystals is one of the many reasons I have proposed to remove them completely, but since it looks like that won't be happening soon, I'll also give my take on your suggestions.

I agree with ideas number 1 and 3. The other ones add too many abilities and would make the zombie possibly one shot certain mobs, which wouldn't be fair for anyone. Here's what my version of your improved zombie crystal would look like.

Upon Activation:
    - Immediately turns to night and the zombie gains night vision for the whole crystal
    - Zombies spawn at the same rate
    - Zombies have increased speed and the ability to leap towards players (this will take care of players who just camp on top of something rendering the crystal useless)

The length of the crystal stays the same.

+0.5

I like the idea of buffing the zombie crystal, but not that many buffs. I think my remix of your idea should help make the zombie's crystal viable.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  4. Better idea: remove smashes.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  5. Hello!
    Assuming we don't remove smashes, I'd agree with option 1. I think that better zombie spawns would make the smash more interesting. Having them move very quickly would make it hard to stay in one place, and if they did significantly more damage it would also be a much more potent smash. As @_JPXFRD_ said, though, I do think that SSM would be better off without smash crystals :c

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  6. yeah but if we remove smashes people who are really good at running (especially with kits such as chicken, spider, or magma) would just game stall and starve people out.

I do agree that the crystal for zombie could use a buff, but I think the game could use a lot of kit balancing first (corrupted arrow, sulpher bomb, firefly, ravage/club tackle, ect).

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    wOeuf // xOeuf likes this.
  7. True. Keep in mind, though, that there are counters for running. If you have more lives - starve them, if it's a round map - play on the inside of the ring etc... Of course, this is much easier said than done, but I think that the tradeoff for smash crystals would be nice. They give players a huge advantage. If the game is tied and someone pops the smash, it's suddenly gotten a lot less fair.
    It all depends on how you look at it, but in essence, you're pretty much right. I think game balancing should come before smash crystal reworks. Once that's done we can see about changing them to be fair or removing them altogether :o

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  8. Probably better just to remove the crystals honestly, but for @xOeuf and @PapiKirito: Before I left GI, we had decided that if crystals couldn't be removed, we'd go with a lobby voting option to appease both sides. You could vote before the game starts for no crystals or crystals.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    SudL likes this.
  9. I like the ideas, but instead of buffing or nerfing smashes, how about we remove them altogether..?

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  10. I like the double damage idea the most, gives a significant buff to the smash while still taking skill to use successfully

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  11. While removing all smashes would mean we rely on the player's skill, the game SSM was based off of does have a feature where you can turn them off. I think that having the option seems more fair, but I think ideas 2 and 4 are deemed unbalanced as stated before. However, including potion effects might not be overpowered because if they only last a couple of seconds, then that is relying on the zombies reaction time and skill to take advantage of it. Same with 4, the double damage relies on skill. I'm aware double damage almost 1 shots a chicken (maybe it does still I haven't tested it) but it is testing the player's skill levels. I like the ideas that @iDaimyo proposed where zombies can leap towards players to prevent camping. To be honest, they could add in a better zombie crystal and a function to either turn on or off smash crystals.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2019
  12. So, I have an idea for Zombie Smash. Make him turn into a giant. Like, for real, why didn't they think of this before..?

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  13. I mean, there's already a giga slime out there.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
  14. and there was also already an iron golem when they made guardian

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  15. One is heavily armed, while the other one has half diamond. Besides, the crystals are all unique. The kits, however, might be similar, but I don't think that means the crystals should be very close. I think the idea of "Night of the Living Dead" is alright; I just think it needs some tweaking instead of revamping all of the crystal.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019